2011-02-02

Söndra och härska

Mubaraks tal var skickligt. Ett romerskt. Här finns hela. Han stannar. 19 privata jetplan har hittills lämnat landet. Det var några av landets rikaste företagsledare som lämnade för Dubai.

"I say in all honesty and regardless of the current situation that I did not intend to nominate myself for a new presidential term. I have spent enough years of my life in the service of Egypt and its people. I am now absolutely determined to finish my work for the nation in a way that ensures handing over its safe-keeping and banner … preserving its legitimacy and respecting the constitution. In the few months remaining in my current term I will work towards ensuring a peaceful transition of power. I have exhausted my life in serving Egypt and my people. I will die on the soil of Egypt and be judged by history".

Inga kommentarer: